Pages

Friday 3 March 2017

Homographs

I am learning to identify homographs
I am learning to use homographs in a sentence to show the different meanings


Back
I turned back and walked back where I came from.
Back
My back is under my neck and above my legs.
Change
After swimming I had to change out of my wet togs.
Change
The shopkeeper gave me my change which was $2.
Light
The light was very bright so I had to shield my eyes
Light
The Apples in the bag were very light but the oranges were heavy.
Wind
The breeze from the wind blew me over the moon.
Wind
I was hot so I winded down the window.
Sink
I wash my hands in the sink before I eat.
Sink
It was very heartbreaking to see the boat sink deep down into the water.
Sign
My mum uses the signs on the road to find out where she is going.
Sign
My dad had to sign my little brothers enrollment forms.
Bass
The drum bass was very loud.
Bass
I saw a bass fish swimming in the aquarium.
Down
We went down the hill.
Down
I lay down and put my downed duvet on me.
Rock
Some little kids were throwing rocks at our window.
Rock
My mum use to rock me to sleep.
Lead
I was in the front of the line so I was leading.
Lead
That roc was made out of lead.
Bat
I hit the ball with my bat and it went far far away.
Bat
The bat hung upside down in the cave.
Can
I drank a can of coke.
Can
I can do it!
Row
We stood in rows of 3.
Row
Row, Row, Row your boat.
Bank
I put $100 in my bank.
Bank
I ran up the bank to the top of the hill.
Fine
I had to pay a fine because I got a ticket.
Fine
Miss Ashley has very fine hair.

My own Homographs:

Bow
I like to wear bows because I like Jojo Siwa.
Bow
I gave a bow at the end of my performance.
Evening
I usually have a nap in the evenings.
Evening
My mum made stuff even between her and the Financial people.
Minute
It took me a minute to change my dogs food.
Minute
The ant was very minute.
Cricket
I like to play Cricket in my free time.
Cricket
I do not like Crickets that much.
Wave
I waved goodbye to my family.
Wave
Their are very big waves in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz