Pages

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Motat Trip

Yesterday (Tuesday 29th August 2017) Room 5, 6, 7, & 8 went to Motat. The reason of this trip was learning about what people back in the days done in their leisure time and what they did to entertain.  Room 7's adult supervisors were Miss Ashley, Mrs Liddicoat,  Kelly, Villiami's mum, and Graces mum. We got into our groups and in my group was Suave, Falakika, Joshua, & Fine. Our supervisor was Mrs Liddicoat. After we got into our groups we walked to the bus got in and made sure we were all there.  Miss Ashley gave me an Ipad from Room 3 so I could take photos.

On the bus the boys sang songs but me and Kika just looked outside. I was exhausted, and bored, in my head I was jumping up and down in excitement. After 30 minutes of sitting, and doing nothing we finally arrived to our location, MOTAT; I really just couldn't wait to eat! We got of the bus, walked under a tent, & met our educators Katherine and Faith. They led us into this big white round room that was called the doom. It was echoey inside, "If you have to have a private conversation take it outside because I can hear it from here", mentioned Katherine. After we got told the rules and what not to do Katherine told the adults what our timetable was. After all of this serious talk it was time to go and explore.

I got to experience new things like a rocket launcher, old toys compared to ours, and other stuff like how our country is connected to the globe and the world because of Frances Valintine. Motat was made in 1964 by some people that were really interested in technology and transport. At the end was my favourite part because we got to play with some really cool toys it was kind of like a throwback Tuesday. I played with the elastics, Chatter rings and Rubik cubes. The part that I kind of didn't like was when I found out they busted down the mirror maze and how we missed out on the trampoline.


I enjoyed my visit to Motat and can't wait to go there again!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Lydia I really enjoyed reading your reflection about the trip to Motat you really enjoyed your time there with your group I really enjoyed it too, I just have to say I really liked your reflection about Motat it's like whenever I read it, it feels like I am there again having fun I really wish we could go back soon.
    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz