Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Kiwisport and P.E Session- Reflection

Today the Kia Manawanui syndicate had kiwisport. We got into our homegroups and homegroup one went with Ms. Aireen to kiwisport while homegroup 2 went with Ms. Komor to P.E.
I'm in homegroup one so I was with Miss Aireen.

We strolled to the top court and met our coach his name is Pete. While standing on the top court I looked around and saw Tennis rackets, Tennis balls, and the net. I knew immedietly we were playing Tennis! Pete wanted all of us to get into peers and so we did my buddy was Amon. We had to stay in these peers the whole session.
I learnt how to grip the racket and hit the ball with it. There is a starting position where you have to hold the racket up in front of you with both hands. Next you have to hit where ever the ball is coming, for example: if Amon through the ball to my right I would put my left leg out and hit with my right hand you would do the same with the left hand and right leg. I also learnt how to hit the ball.

I think next time I can improve on hitting the ball slower because today I hit it to hard and Amon had to keep on running after the ball.

I think I was good of keeping my eye on the ball and where it was coming from. I was able to hit the ball and aim it exactly at Amon.





P.E:
In P.E we were doing softball skills. Miss Aireen put us into groups and she told us to spread out and get into a circle. In my group was Constance, Amon, Patience, and Mahara. She next threw each group a ball and explained what we had to do next, "So, in your circle you are going to practice your under arm throws, GO!" we all started throwing the ball to each other and we all done very good. 

Next she told us to do over arm throws and so we did. We also had to practice calling out the names of the people we were throwing the ball to.

After that we had to get into a new group and stand in a line, next we had to split into groups of three. We stood opposite sides from each other and faced each other. In this warm up we had to practice catching with a mit. I had fun in the warmups they were all very good!

After the warmups we started to play some Softball! First Ms. Aireen started to bat and she tried to hit it high and far so we can try and catch (she was hitting the ball and it went high, but it just needed to go a bit farther), she didn't want to bat no more so she got me to hit. When I hit the ball I had to run to base one and so on. 

Ms. Aireen got different people to bat and once everyone got there two turns it was time to go back to class. I had so much fun in the morning block and can't wait for next week's session!









No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz