Pages

Monday 19 March 2018

Kiwisport reflection


So, in the morning block, the Kia Manawanui syndicate had kiwisport. I wasn't able to go because I had to help Kelly with something. We have to write a reflection about Kiwisport but since I wasn't there I will have to write about what I done with Kelly!

 Kelly took Fa'ataualofa, Faka'ata, Alo, and I to room 9. She then went to room 8 to get Nitika. I was only there because I had to record what she was teaching but the rest of them were there because they were doing maths with Kelly!

I pressed record and Kelly started with her teaching. She asked the group what there group name should be. No one came up with anything so she moved on. As I was recording them I walked around just so that the camera would get everyone and what they were doing. 

What problems did you encounter while you were in room 9? How did you solve them?
So, I had to hold the camera and it kept on getting sore. I kept on getting cramps and my hand was in pain. To solve this, I set the camera up on a table, making sure that it was getting everyone and then stretched my arm around.

How do you feel about Kiwisport this week? Why? (Give at least 2 reasons)
I felt sad. The only reason being, I wasn't able to play. I was also quite frustrated because when Kelly was asking the students in room 9 maths questions, I really wanted to answer them but I couldn't because she wasn't asking me she was asking the other students.


What parts of it did you like? Why? (Give at least 2 reasons)
I liked laughing at Kelly when she would do something funny and also listening to everyone and their different strategies. I liked doing these things because I was able to see their strengths and weaknesses and now I know when I can help them and what I can help them with.
What parts of it did you dislike? Why?
I disliked having to just sit around and record everything. Because I kept on getting bored and I was starving!

What's the one thing that you have seen in your classmates' during the time in the maths lesson that you would like to try next time? Next time I would like to join the games that they played.





No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz