Pages

Friday 2 March 2018

Reflection about Maths

IALT: reflect on my Maths Test
Today in the Kia Manawanui syndicate we done our math test. I came late so I finished a bit later than the rest of the class. The first few questions were very easy and I answered them quick.  I found questions such as "what is the answer to 23x4?" easy because I know how to multiply, I know how to add, and I know how to do things like this.

As the easy questions got harder I could tell because I noticed that I wasn't able to calculate the sum in my head. I found questions such as "What is the volume of this shape?" and "Who has the easiest strategy?" challenging because I am not really familiar with these questions. I know I was able to answer these questions but just found it difficult. I had a few strategies on my piece of paper and those strategies were used for these challenging questions.
I think I need to improve on taking my time on answering the questions instead of thinking about the time limit I have. I also need to  use more strategies instead of just using one strategy to help me with my questions because if I do have more I think it will help increase my knowledge in maths.  I could improve on focusing on my test instead of looking at what others are doing. I could also improve on explaining why I chose this answer and why the strategy I used was helpful.
I love maths and had fun doing this test!

Image result for maths


No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz