Pages

Saturday 17 March 2018

Self defense!!

On Wednesday the year 7 and 8 girls had Self defense.

First Julie came in and gave us a review of the different moves we learnt. This was the last session so we already knew like almost all of the position/moves. In this session we learnt about ground defense. Ground defense is defending yourself on the ground.

When your in a situation where someone is trying to harm while you are sleeping or on the ground these moves help defend yourself against that person. In this session I learnt how to use my feet to kick the person who is harming me and how to use different moves against that person.

I disliked the fact that I wasn't able to do certain moves because of my finger STILL being injured.
What I liked about this session was that I learnt everything properly and enjoyed this session.

After we done the moves it was time to get into groups and make a roleplay. Julie gave us a paper which  had our topic and what we had to act out. In my group was Patience, Monita, Aletheia, and Stephney. Our topic was based on teachers. We had to act out a teacher being rude to a student. 


After the roleplay it was time for certificates. Julie gave each of us a certificate and a bracelet. On the bracelet is said Clever, Strong, Brave. We had to fill out a form where we gave feedback and feedforward.

Here are some photos:






I enjoyed all four lessons of Self Defence and I learnt a lot. I had so much fun and now know what to do in bad situations, thanks to Julie!






No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz