Pages

Friday 16 March 2018

Te Tuhi - I am NZ

Te Tuhi reflection


IALT: reflect on my artwork - “I am NZ”


Today the Kia Manawanui syndicate had a trip to Te Tuhi. In the morning block homegroup one first went with Ms. Aireen and Kelly to Te Tuhi. We met Salome there and got started.


Our workshop today was about “I am NZ”.


What were the steps that you used to make this artwork?


It took me four steps to complete this artwork.
  1. Paint the actual film paper
  2. Draw with pencil
  3. Etch the drawings
  4. Pick a coloured paper


These four steps helped me to complete my artwork. Following these instructions helped me learn more about this type of artwork. It helped me a lot because it slowly made me understand the process of making this artwork.


Was etching a new skill for you?
So, etching was challenging because it was working for others but not for me and even though I would swap the tools with others it would still not work for me! Etching is basically carving/lifting something off it’s surface. I found etching the hardest part out of all even though it was just going over your work all over again! My neck was starting to hurt and my hands had so much cramps, I can’t even explain it.


What was your end product like?
My end product was amazing.  I was proud of myself because one of my weaknesses is drawing and today I did pretty good in drawing.
Even though it didn’t really stand out as much as others, I still enjoyed my artwork! I found it very satisfying to make and had so much fun!



                            Screencastify version:



The artists that we explored about were new. 
Their names are: John Vea, and Maria Ezcurra. 
John Vea's art piece is called "you kids should only experience this for a moment - don't be here for life like me". Salome explained that his piece of art talks about how he worked at a potato chip factory where he stood there and watched the potatoes. She explained that this is the reason why we should stay educated because it will help us avoid factory jobs and also jobs that make you use your body!


The last artist that we explored was Maria Ezcurra. Maria Ezcurra is kind of like an artist that uses fashion to make her art. To make her piece of art she used 120 pieces of pantyhoses and put them together. Her piece of art was so amazing and I loved it!




4 comments:

  1. Hello Lydia I like the way you have a screencastify video in this post because some people understand better with oral language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kensington! I really think adding screencastify versions really help me with explaining things in oral language!

      Delete
  2. malo'lele dia I LIKE THE way you screencasfy yourself also maybe you could of wrote somethink then say it but still keeep up the great hard work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily,
    Thanks for the feedback and feedforward!

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz