Pages

Sunday 1 April 2018

Easter Sunday!

Easter Sunday!
Good afternoon and welcome to my blog! Before I start I would just like to say...PINCH and a PUNCH for the rest of the MONTH! Happy 1st of April!
------------------------------------------------
As you guys all know this week TPS and some other schools have been having a bit of a holiday! We got Friday, Saturday, Today, Tomorrow, and Tuesday off! I am so glad that we got this long holiday because I kind of needed a break! We had a holiday to celebrate the holiday of Easter!
Image result for Easter
As you may not know Easter isn't really just a time where you eat Easter eggs and chocolate it is actually an important holiday to the Christian people all around the world! The reason is because it marks the day that our father in heaven, Jesus Christ died for our sins on the cross and then three days later he resurrected and rose from the dead! This holiday means a lot to me and my family because my dad grew up learning about these things and he was raised as someone who was into gospel and believed in God etc.
Related image

Today I decided to make a DLO and reflection about Easter!
Here is my little DLO about Easter:

What I know about Easter -

Palm Sunday - The week before he died he entered Jerusalem on a donkey. Everyone greeted him by waving palm leafs in the air.

Maundy Thursday - The Thursday before the Friday he died.

Last Supper - When Jesus and his disciples ate ripped up bread and drank wine. This is why we have sacraments!

Good Friday - The day Jesus died on the cross.

Easter Sunday - The day Jesus rose from the dead.

Verse of the day:
Matthew 28:6 - He is not here he has risen, just as he said! Come, see the place where he lay.

This bible verse explains how Mary went to the tomb to see her son and when she went there no one was there because Jesus had resurrected from the dead!

Here are two pictures of my brother and one of his Easter Eggs!












4 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia,
    I really liked how your blog post had a lot of detail and I really liked the story you told on your blog post about jesus dying on the cross for our sins, I think your did a great job but I thought if next time you could add a WALT which would be great for others who would like to know the main purpose about your blog but anyways I really liked you blog post, Keep up that fantastic blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephney! Thank you for the awesome feedback and feedforward, it is so nice of you to comment on my blog because it is helping me grow in my knowledge of blogging! xoxo!

      -Lydia

      Delete
  2. Hello Lydia I really love all the pictures you used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kensington! Thanks for the compliment! I hope you could give me some feedback and feedforward next time?
      - Lydia

      Delete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz