Pages

Sunday 17 June 2018

Bible Studies - Book of Matthew 2

Bible Studies - Book of Matthew 2

Bula Vinaka and welcome to my blog! Today is Sunday and if you click here  you will be taken to my blog from last week Sunday where I done a bible study on the first chapter of Matthew! Today I will be doing the second and if you don't know what I do is I watch a video on the bible app and it is based on Matthew 2, and then on here I write about what I learnt! I hope you enjoy reading. Click here 📖 to go to the bible app!
Image result for bible gif

From the 2nd chapter of the book of Matthew, I learnt that when Jesus was born in the town of Bethlehem in Judea, after he was born, wisemen came from Jerusalem to see King Herod at the time. "Where is the child who has been to be the king of the Jews? We saw the the star that shows he was born. We saw it rise in the sky in the east and have come to worship him.” They said.
720x480

King Herod was upset with this as well as the people of Jerusalem, he then called a meeting of Jewish priests and teachers of the law,  he asked them where the messiah was born and they replied with "“In the town of Bethlehem in Judea, just as the prophet wrote:
Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, you are important among the rulers of Judah.
Yes, a ruler will come from you,
and that ruler will lead Israel, my people.’”  

After this, Herod had a meeting with the wise men from the East, “Go and look carefully for the child. When you find him, come tell me. Then I can go worship him too.” He commanded the wise men to follow the star they had found and find the baby. They did so and when they did they worshiped him and gave him gifts. God warned them and told them not to return to Herod so they found another way to go to their own country.

Later that night an angel of the lord appeared in Joseph's dream and said,  “Get up! Take the child with his mother and escape to Egypt. Herod wants to kill the child and will soon start looking for him. Stay in Egypt until I tell you to come back.” He did so and they stayed in Egypt until Herod died. 

Herod had realised that he was fooled by the wise men and he was really angry! He sent out an order to kill all little boys in Bethlehem and all around Bethlehem. He knew that it had been two years since the messiah was born so he sent them out to kill boys two years of age and younger.  

While Joseph was in Egypt Herod died and in his dream an angel showed up and said, Get up! Take the child with his mother and go to Israel. Those who were trying to kill the child are now dead.” Joseph did so but then found out that Herod's son Archelaus was now king of Judea so he went to Galilee. He went to a town called Nazareth and was then called a Nazarene.
------------------------------------
Question of the blog: Have you ever read the book of Matthew?

That is the end of this blog! I hope you were able to learn something and I hope you enjoyed reading! Malo Aupito, Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz