Pages

Saturday 9 June 2018

Camp Raglan - Orienteering? I don't know...

Camp Raglan - Orienteering? I don't know...

Kia Ora and welcome back to my blog! Did you know that Orienteering was a sport? if yes have you ever played it? Well last week while the Kia Manawanui syndicate were at camp we done some really fun activities, and one of them was Orienteering!

I didn't really enjoy Orienteering at first kind of because we were surrounded by cow poo and even just walking to our first destination was tiring. At first I thought I had avoided stepping in any poo but as soon as I got to our starting point, my whole shoe went into a big, MASSIVE pile of cow poo (ew!) I was really disgusted and almost wanted to cry but what was funny was that James (Mr Kilisimasi) told me that it's just grass because all cows eat is GRASS! Anne, one of the instructors also told the group that cow poo makes us live longer - I was no longer worried about anything.
I was in Anne's group and her explanation really informed me of how to Orientate a Compass and a map to direct us and guide us to where we need to go! I really was having fun and was so into it that I didn't really care about what I was surrounded by. Anne said that I seemed like I was the only one who learnt something because I was the one who was answering the questions - this was a good thing but what was bad about it was that I wasn't able to tell the rest of the group how to do it! :(

I really had fun at Orienteering but I was in quite so much pain, because I had injured my ankle the day before at the Waingaro hot springs and the more I walked the more pressure that was put onto my ankle! Even though I fell and maybe electric shocked myself I still gave it a go and managed to complete the whole entire walk there and back! Orienteering taught me a lot about myself and that is, that I were to fall I would just get back up again and continue which is a really good thing! I don't know if I would do it again but if the time does come I'll probable give it a try!
 That was all for Orienteering, if you get a chance to do it, use it wisely because you will definitely have fun!
----------------------
Question of the blog: Would you do Orienteering? And WHY?

That is the end for this blog! Make sure to give me some feedback and feedforward! Bye :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz