Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Matariki!

Matariki!
IALT: talk about what I learnt about Matariki yesterday!
Kia Ora and welcome to my blog! Today I will be sharing with you guys a little explanation of what I learnt about Matariki yesterday! 
Image result for matariki
There are so many different stories of how Matariki was made. One story is when Tane Mahuta separated his parents, Ranginui and Papatuanuku, Tawhirimatea was the only son that was angry and sad and when he was crying he threw his tears to the sky, and people believe that this is how the 7 stars of Matariki were made.
Image result for tane mahuta separating parents
After lunch time Ms Komor took her group (which I was in) to room 9 and we talked about Matariki. We got into 7 groups of three and in my group was Hevani and Stephney! The topic that we were learning about was the stars of Matariki! We read an article and wrote down on a document all the things we know about the stars of Matariki! 

From this, I learnt that Ururangi is the youngest star and Tupu-a-Nuku is the oldest! One improvement goal for me is to focus more on my work then talk all the time.

One thing I enjoyed from this, was getting to know more about a holiday that is not really familiar with me! I didn't really enjoy how it was getting to loud and it was a bit hard for me to focus!

I enjoyed learning more about Matariki, and I hope we learn more today!

Thank you for reading, Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz