Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Tai Chi reflection - T2W8

Tai Chi reflection - T2W8
IALT: reflect on what I learnt at Tai Chi!
Malo e Lelei and welcome to my blog. Today I will be sharing with you guys a reflection I made about Tai Chi today! As you guys know, the girls have their Tai Chi session with Mr Gordon while the boys have their well being program. 
Image result for Tai Chi

Today in Tai Chi I really enjoyed it because it helped me feel better and happier because this morning I was going through a rough time!  In every Tai Chi lesson we always talk about certain things and we always go around the circle and talk about our positive comment, negative comment, and random act of kindness!
Image result for kindness
This morning after Ms Komor done the roll and checked our blogs, the girls got ready to go to Tai Chi. We walked in the hall and got into our four lines. We done all our moves including the Tiger and Crane, and then we got a chair and talked about how we are!

For this weeks positive comment, negative comment, and random act of kindness, my positive comment was my Little cousin's 1st birthday celebration!, my negative comment was that on Sunday my two cousins Lily and Cedric left to Australia and I didn't get to say bye, and my random act of kindness was cleaning my room and doing the dishes!


Here is my reflection!
-----------------------------
One thing I learnt from this lesson was to always trust my instincts and always be sure to stay safe when around strangers especially if i'm by myself! Mr Gordon told us many stories of how girls constantly get abducted from really big guys and a threatened to tell people about it! I also learnt that having the will to do something and being brave to own up for something you did is better than getting caught by police, and risking your life for something that would've ended better if you had been brave to do something! I think this is important because the outcome is way better!

I think yelling the word "STRANGER! HELP!" is one thing that will help me and my mates during the day especially if we're together in the weekends because you never know someone can just come up to you and do who knows what to you! These words will gather someone's attention and there is a possibility that this person will come and help you! 

The most powerful thing I learnt during today's lesson is when Mr Gordon explained how a girl was walking by herself and 2 grown men just took her in their car and done horrible things to her. This was so powerful because after this incident she was mentally hurt and she can't talk properly do things properly all because of two men who abducted her! This taught me to always be aware of my surroundings and always stay safe!

Today's power word is Courage! This means to have the will to do something and also be brave because the outcome of you doing something bad and being brave enough to own up for it, is better than risking your life and dying!

If I were to give myself a compliment it would be "Good job in doing the Tiger Crane! For something very difficult you done it very well - Lydia" 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: Have you ever had the courage to do something? What was it?

I really ENJOYED today's lesson because it taught me a lot of things about staying safe! I can't wait for next week's lesson and I hope it would be just as good as this one!

Thank you for reading, Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz