Pages

Friday 9 November 2018

Maths - Adding and Subtracting Decimals!

Maths - Adding and Subtracting Decimals!
IALT: Reflect on what we done in Maths today!
Talofa Lava and welcome to my blog! Today the Kia Manawanui syndicate started the second block with MATHS!! This term the Kia Manawanui syndicate have been learning about DECIMALS! We have a worksheet that we have to complete, and there is a lot of work on it!
Image result for Maths
I am currently on Activity 3, task 4 question E! We have to rename the first number and use place value partitioning. For example if it was 5.3-2.7= It would be (4 ones and + 13 tenths) - (2 ones + 7 tenths) = 2.6

One thing I have learned from doing this worksheet is using the Place Value Partitioning strategy like I listed above to solve Decimal equations! I find this strategy a good one if your using bigger numbers but I'm more used to using Algorithm!

One thing I found challenging in this worksheet is having to solve word problems. For example there are questions like 4 and 8 tenths - 2 and 5 tenths=
I didn't get this at first but I did get some help. The reason why I found this challenging was because I am not used to this but I still tried my hardest!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question of the blog: What are you learning about in maths?


Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward for my future! Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz