Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Te Tuhi- Reflection

Today part of the Kia Manawanui syndicate went to the Te Tuhi
art gallery in Pakuranga.
Our guide was Salome.  

At Te tuhi I learnt about two artists from Wellington there
names are Shannon Te Ao and Gary Peters.
Shannon Te Ao is an artist and his art is about ‘With
the sun aglow,
I have my pensive moods,’
In his art room it is very dark it is almost pitch black,
and when you walk inside you will see a big flat screen.
This screen shows images/videos
about Shannon's hometown Wellington.

Image result for shannon te ao art

Gary Peters is another artist from Wellington and his art
pieces are inspired by the space and object in his presentation
room.
One of his art pieces are inspired by his ventilation in his room.
On one of his walls he painted it blue.
Image result for gary peters art te tuhi

Next time I attend Te Tuhi I would like to spend more time on
the script and acting in our role play.
I think if I do take more time on this the actors/group would
be able to understand more about the play.

One thing that Salome done that I enjoyed was she always
explained what was there like for example she didn't just say
'Oh yeah so this is a blue wall', she went in depth with her
explanation so we could understand what she was actually
talking about. 'So this painting is
painted from an artist named Gary Peters,
his paintings are inspired from the space in his
presentation room', that's how she explained it and I
think that is very good.

Something that I learnt from Te Tuhi that I can share with my
school is
that you can tell a story in many ways
such as painting, singing, writing, etc. I also learnt that you
don't have to
be shy when you are around people you can always be
safe around them and you can always express your
feelings when you are around
them.

I enjoyed my visit to the Te Tuhi art gallery and can't wait
to go there
again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz