Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2019

🌺Hauora Metaphors🌺

🌺Hauora Metaphors🌺
WALT: Describe Our Hauora using Metaphors
Talofa Lava! Welcome back to my blog! Recently the Kia Manawanui syndicate has been learning about our Hauora! Today we used a metaphor to describe our Hauora. We used Play Dough and Clay to create our metaphor and our goal was to be C R E A T I V E! 
Image result for creative
Hauora is all about your well-being and health! Ms Aireen showed us a few examples of students who have completed their Hauora using a metaphor. We brainstormed some ideas and we came up with:
- Tree
- River
- Swing
- Mat
- Bible
- Paddle
- Rock
- Sun
- Waka 
- Flower
- Necklace
- Drum
- Conch
- Didgeridoo
- Fist
- Flag
- Cultural Tee-shirt (Aloa)
- Patterns

MY METAPHOR
I made a metaphor that represents my Hauora and I chose a Hibiscus Flower for my metaphor. I used PLAYDOUGH to create my metaphor. I found this art task kind of challenging and difficult because in my head I imagined it being easy but when I started the playdough was kind of hard and it was really difficult because I was struggling to make the petals. 



-----------------------------------------------------------------
I made a DLO-Presentation to share with you all the Explanation writing I made explaining my Hauora and how a flower represents my Hauora. Here is the DLO:

I hope you enjoyed reading my DLO! I used the S.E.E.E structure to write my explanation and I had a lot of fun doing it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: What represents your Hauora?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lydia. Enjoyed your presentation this morning. Hau ora and the holistic wellbeing is something I strive to maintain (connection across these imperatives) in my life. The meaning of your flower is awesome and your flower is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora,
    I am glad that you enjoyed! Thank you for commenting.

    Blog ya later,
    Lydia :)

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz