Pages

Thursday 11 April 2019

👨‍🏭Technology - Hard Materials 👨‍🏭

👨‍🏭Technology - Hard Materials👨‍🏭
IALT: Reflect on Technology
Image result for woodwork
Kia Ora everyone and welcome to my blog! If you do not know, the year 7 and 8's at TPS have technology every Thursdays at Tamaki College. There are three different classes and they are Hard Materials with Mr Grundy, Cooking with Mrs Tuipulotu and Graphics with Ms Ferguson. My group is currently in Hard Materials with Mr Grundy and this year we are using Wood to make something.

In the beginning of the term, Mr Grundy showed us some examples of the things he has made using wood. My favourite was the Fire Truck because he used his creativity in order to make the Fire Truck move with the ladder etc. Here is an example of a finished project:
I have made a story explaining what I have chose to make, who is it for and how it is useful.
The design I have chose to make is a fridge with a mirror on the door.
I chose this design because it would be easier for my mum and sister to access a smaller mirror when doing their makeup.
This allows them not only to do their makeup properly but also store things inside.
It can be used at home, in the car or wherever she is doing her makeup.

My design has changed slightly and it has changed into a box with a mirror on the front. The door ended up being quite tricky so I decided to make it simple and turn it into a box. I can't wait to see my finished product.
Image result for wood box with a mirror
It is something similar to the image above but instead it is a box with a lid and the mirror is on the front.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I really enjoyed today's Technology session and I can't wait to come back next term.
Question of the blog: What is something you have made using Wood?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward. Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz