Pages

Thursday 15 June 2017

IALT: Write a persuasive text on a random topic!

Today Miss Ashley had a cup filled with topics that we were supposed to write about. We had to pick a topic and if it wasn't what you wanted you could swap with someone else. My first one I got was cats are better pets then dogs which I disagree with so I asked Merille to swap and she said no. I asked Joshua to swap and he said yes. I was very happy with the one I got because it was 'Spending to much time on a computer is bad for you!' Here is my persuasive text:

Title: Spending too much time on computers is very bad for you!

In my opinion I think spending too much time on computers is bad for you and I.

Computer screens are very bright and sometimes are too bright for your eyes. In my opinion staring at a computer for too long is bad for your eyesight because computer screens are too bright and when your face is just staring at it, it affects your eyesight. For example if I stared at a computer all night long my eyes will get tired and I will start to get headaches. Staring at a computer will not get you blind but will give you eyestrain and fatigue. This is one point on why I think staring at a computer is bad for you.

I feel that when you spend too much time on computers your brain gets to addicted to playing with it that you just don’t want to do anything else. For example gamers that play roblox spend two hours playing and don’t focus on what’s really happening. Another example is my little brother. My little brother has a phone and always gets distracted from his phone when we do homework because he’s too addicted to playing on his phone and watching things on youtube. That’s why staring at a computer for too long is bad for you.

In my opinion when you play on a computer too long your brain gets addicted to playing on it. For example when you get addicted to playing on the computer you stay up all night looking at a bright screen and not only is it bad for your eyesight it is bad for your brain because you never get any sleep, on the other hand some people think that kids from primary, University students and high school students stay up all night on the computer studying for an exam. But in this situation they aren’t getting any exercise, they aren’t resting, and they aren’t looking after their haoura. This is one of my points on why I think spending too much time on computers is bad for you.


Surely by now you should know why I think staring at a computer is bad for you!


By Lydia Bloomfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz