Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

Hobby taster

Bonjour. As you all know we have been focusing on Hobbies, Entertainment, & Leisure. Yesterday Room 7 done a little hobby taster session. We had sewing machines (thanks to Miss Ashley's mum), Legos (thanks to Miss Ashley's mum), Model trains (thanks to Miss Ashley's mum), Hand sewing, and a 3d printing station (Link here). We got to meet Miss Ashley's foster siblings named Kelly and Rebel and they are the two little cutest kids ever!

We got into groups and sat at the station we were doing first. My group was Ariki, Amon, and Coralee. We were doing sewing machine first. Miss Ashley's mum was a bit late so Miss Ashley just told us what to do. First we practiced on paper and tried to sew straight lines and wavy lines. I was quite good for my first time and so focused. It was cool at the sewing machine and I had a great time. One of my cousins loves fashion and recently went to a fashion show, she already has her own design named Inimeg (she's a gemini and inimeg is gemini backwards).

Next I went to hand sewing. Miss Ashley taught us how to sew a button into fabric, how to sew a hole together, and how to sew different kinds of fabric into another. This was  my favourite because my mum and her sisters love to sew and I think this is like passing down the generation. I want to do this more often and this was my favourite session out of all.

Then I went to lego where we just made anything we wanted. I made a 1st 2nd and 3rd placement. First place won a horse, a tree, a car, a couch, a bed, and a dolphin. 2nd won a horse, a little tree, and a boat. 3rd won a horse, a wheel, and a little chair (i'm very weird but creative at the same time). Here is a picture of what I made:
After I went to Model trains. My group built something very simple and is kind of similar to the world we live in. It has roadworks, plants, trees, and people walking around, it also has cars driving around. Here is a picture of what we made:

After that we went to tinkercad. We done that for a little  while but after 15 min it got a little boring so we just played with the kids.

At the end of the day I had a great time and just like to say thanks to Miss Ashley's mum for taking time  out of her day to come and help her daughter with Room 7. I would like to do this again especially hand sewing because that was my favourite out of all.

Here are some photos and to see the rest click







The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz