Pages

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Tip Top

Tip Top Trip!


On Friday 16th of June the Kia Toa (Rm 5 - Rm8) went to the Tip Top Factory!

We got into 8 groups. There were no parents in Rm 5 so Rm 5 got split up into different classes. Rm7’s supervisors that came were Edith’s uncle David, Syraiah Lee’s dad, Kordell’s dad, Joshua’s dad, and the 4 teachers. My supervisor was Edith’s Uncle David. I was so lucky because in the group I was in were all my BEST FRIENDS! (Their names are Grace, Hevani, & Edith). Miss Morrison’s group lead the way down to the buses; we were lucky we had two buses because if not we would’ve had to squash everyone into one bus. The groups all got called name by name and everyone was on the bus. After we made sure off we went.

On the bus ride our group was in the very front, it was a bumpy ride but it was worth it because it was the Tip Top factory we were going to. “Grace, MOVE OVER!” I yelled to Grace, “Look at all the space you have compared to mine” argued Grace, I think most of the time me and Grace just argued and then laughed after. Hevani was being very mature on the bus while the rest of us mucked around. As we turned into the Tip Top entrance Miss Morrison reminded us of who we are, “Hey girls remember use guys are year 6’s so what i’ll be looking for in use are leadership because some groups have to wait a long time for the other group and it takes a long time”, “Yes Miss”, we all replied. After Miss Ashley paid, the bus in front of us almost crashed but we had faith that they could get out of it.

We got of the bus and everybody played on the playground. After a few minutes of playing everybody got called down so the first group could go. We came in 8 different groups but the groups combined into 3 when we had our tour. Mrs Sharma’s classes groups went first on tour, each tour was an hour or 45 min long and while we waited we played at the playground. Their was a slide that was round and blue and everyone pushed and pulled like wrestlers from WWE. ‘Poor thing’  I thought so I climbed up the ladder, walked in front of the line and said, “EVERYBODY PLEASE JUST WAIT YOUR TURN”, some people never listened so what I did to keep everyone from pushing or getting hurt was waiting until one person got of the slide so the next person could go down the slide; by the way this is called good leadership.. I done it until the next group came. When Mrs Sharma’s classes groups had returned Miss Morrison’s group left.

I played some cards with some Rm 7 students, next I played on this type of swing with Hiria, Merielle, and Hevani, after that I watched people play pick up sticks. I done all of this and never knew that it took that long because when I went to play on the actual playground it was (FINALLY) Rm 7’s groups to go. There were a lot of stairs to climb and once we hit the top my legs felt like they were gonna fall of. We walked into a Rm that had toilets, it was where we had to wait for the previous group to come from the tour. About 25 min later Rm 8’s groups came out and the tour lady Paula lead us down to the factory.


First we walked to a place that was very cold (obviously it was outside) and in front of the factory/building was the tip top truck that they used way back and it didn’t have a fridge so they had to deliver the ice cream very fast. But now they have 40 big trucks that do have fridges and can deliver lots of ice cream even if it’s up north. We walked up lot’s of steps and it lead us to a room where it had pictures and buttons we could press. We walked further on and we found this glass room with a cart and it had part of the factory which we could see. This room had a cart and it was the cart that delivered ice blocks/ ice cream on a stick. Paula turned it on and we all got scared. After she turned the cart off we walked into a room that had a glass window with a freezer on the other side. We were allowed to touch it and i’m telling you it was cold. Next we walked on stairs that lead us to this corridor with little pipes on the side. These pipes had Ice Cream smells and we had to guess which one it was. I didn't get most of them right, I guess my sense of smell is bad. In this Room I learnt that 90 cheesecakes are made in 1 min (I think). We saw some more factories and we also saw what chocolate they use to make ice cream with chocolate inside. The bars of Chocolate were very big and they looked very yummy. After that it was time for ICE CREAM!!

We walked into a room that had chairs and other things. The girls got to pick their ice creams first and the boys had to go last. I got the memphis meltdown and it was very delicious. We watched a little short film about the history of tip top and when it was done it was time to go back to school!

I really enjoyed my time at the Tip Top factory and I learnt a lot of interesting things. I can’t wait to go there again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz