Pages

Thursday 23 May 2019

📘BEDMAS - Mathematical Operation📘

📘BEDMAS - Mathematical Operation📘
IALT: Blog about Maths
Talofa Lava and welcome to my blog! Yesterday for Maths room 9 learned about BEDMAS which is an acronym for
B - Brackets
E - Exponents
D - Division
M - Multiplication
A - Addition
S - Subtraction
Image result for bedmas
BEDMAS is a Mathematical Operation that you would use to solve an equation. Here is an example of a BEDMAS question: 
6 - ( 9 - 2) + 3 x 6
 I was first learning about BEDMAS I always just thought you solve the question in order of how it is presented but then I learned about how BEDMAS is an operation and an acronym of how you should solve the equation. This is how I would solve the question when I first learned about BEDMAS:
6 - 9
But since I couldn't do that I would get stuck in the equation and the answer would've been wrong. After learning about BEDMAS and what it is, this is how I would solve the problem:
6 - ( 9 - 2) + 3 x 6
Simplify:
6 - 7 + 3x6
6 - 7 + 18
18 + 6 - 7
24 - 7 
= 17 
Image result for maths gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really enjoy learning about BEDMAS because it teaches me how to solve an equation that has different equations in it. I can't wait to learn more about BEDMAS!
Question of the blog: Have you ever learned about BEDMAS? How has it helped you in your Mathematical Learning?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)








1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz