Pages

Monday 18 March 2019

😔A Time I Felt Alone - Diary Entry😔

😔A Time I Felt Alone - Diary Entry😔
IALT: Write a Diary entry about a time I felt alone
Malo E Lelei and welcome to my blog. A few weeks ago, Mr Jay gave room 9 different topics that we wanted to write about. I chose to write a diary entry about a time I felt alone.
Image result for alone gif

If you don't know what a Diary entry is, it basically writing in your diary about a certain topic. I have written my Diary entry about when my grandpa died...


9.11.18

Dear Diary,
This day was a very sad day. My strong, loving and handsome grandpa passed away which made me feel alone.

We arrived at the hospital at 6:00-6:30 and when I walked into my grandpas hospital room I could just feel the love! My mum started crying and I was so sad because we were too late to hear him speak again. I went and said hi to all my cousins and watched tv with them. A few hours later me and my cousin, Alo were standing against the window and watching my grandpa lay there. All of a sudden we saw him stop breathing and I asked my mum, “Mum, Is he breathing?” She then got up and realised he was a bit cold, my aunts were all shocked and were confused as to what was happening. They all started crying and I ran to go get my cousins. “They said he stopped breathing. He’s not breathing come on!” We all surrounded my grandpa and just started filling the room up with tears. I couldn’t believe he was gone!

I felt so alone as I sat in the hospital room next to my grandpa. My grandpa was my rock and was there for me whenever so losing him made me feel like I lost myself. I couldn’t stop crying and when the nurses came in and said, “He’s gone” I didn’t want to believe it, not one bit at all, but I knew my grandpa has done his job and that he was resting in peace. Losing my grandpa made me feel very sad. I was gutted on how much more I could’ve done to say thank you to him for everything he has done for my family and I. I felt so alone and I felt like I couldn’t talk to anyone as much as I did with him. I felt alone not being able to see a smile like his again. It felt so wrong not being able to see him again. Feeling alone is the worst thing in the world, especially feeling alone because your grandpa is no longer with you. But knowing that he was resting up in Heaven with his son and grandchild, I knew he was happy and wanted me to be happy as well.

We done a prayer and my nena started telling us all, stories about him and how much he has sacrificed for this family. I felt very sad and alone at this time but being surrounded by my family and feeling at this time made me feel special!

- Lydia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image result for praying hands gifOne thing I enjoyed about writing this Diary Entry was being able to reflect to myself about something that has really affected me in the past. I think one thing that helped me get through this hard time was my connection with God and also how it bought all of our families closer together. Just how the shooting that has recently happened in Christchurch has bought our nations together because we all stand as one.

QOB:
When have you ever felt alone? And what did you do to get through it?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)






2 comments:

  1. Hi lydia!
    I feel sorry for you but that also reminds me of my grandma and also has the same story. But God never end his work which is protecting us and making sure we're happy. I get along by trusting him because I know that my grandma is resting in God's arms and that goes to your grandpa as well. That is my advice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa Faafiu!
      I totally agree with you and I am glad we can both relate to each other through this topic. Thank you for the advice!

      -Lydia

      Delete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz