Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2019

📘➕Algebra - Learning Something New in MATHS!➕📘

📘➕Algebra - Learning Something New in MATHS!📘
IALT: Solve an Algebra equation.
Malo E Lelei and welcome back to my blog! Today in Room 9 for Maths, I learned how to solve an Algebra equation.
Image result for algebra gif

Related imageI asked Mr Jay to give me ANY equation and to me I thought he was gonna ask, "34 x 14" or "128 x 6" But instead he said, "2x + 14 = 80" and my job was to find the value of the 'x'. On my first attempt to solve this equation, I divided 80÷14 and Mr Jay said to me that's incorrect. I was really confused so Mr Jay made it a bit easier and said, "Okay, the value of the 'x' is 33. Find out how." This made it a lot easier and I looked at the equation and said the x is 33 because 33 x 2 = 66 and 66 + 14 = 80!" I was really happy that I had found the answer and Mr Jay came and taught me how to write it. 
This is how you would write the answer to the equation:

There is supposed to be a dot/space between the 2 and 'x'. 
This looks like:
2.x
The dot means to multiply so basically you're multiplying the 2 by the 'x'.

2.x + 14 = 80
What we're first trying to do is get rid of the 14 so to get rid of the 14 we have to subtract 14 away from 14 which equals 0
(14-14=0)
Then we have to do the same with the 80. For example:
2x = 80 - 14
When Mr Jay explained how to solve this he always wrote '2x =' before he would continue. This looks like:
2x = 66
Which also means 80-14=66
Next you have to divide 66÷2 which is the number before the x. This should look like:
2x = 66÷2
And then the answer will be the value of the 'x'.
x = 33
Wait! We're not done yet. The 33 will the become the substitute of the 'x' and this will make the equation:
2.33 + 14 = 80
Because:
2x33=66
66+14=80

I am really glad I learned how to solve Algebra equations and I am very happy I was able to show Ako and teach Hevani and Grace how to solve these questions! One thing I need to work on is explaining WHY I have to always write 2x=, and WHAT does it do to the equation, but this just shows how much more I have to learn!Image result for ako 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't wait to learn more about Algebra! I hope you have learned something!
QOB: 
Have you ever learned about Algebra? 
What is your favourite subject in school?

Thank you for reading this blog! Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz