Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2018

🙌Ako Evening Preparation!!🙌

🙌Ako Evening Preparation!!🙌
IALT: Reflect on how the Kia Manawanui syndicate prepared for Ako Evening!
Malo e lelei and welcome to my blog! Yesterday was a very special day for me because it was my sister's graduation, it was also the day of AKO EVENING! At the beginning of the term the Kia Manawanui syndicate planned on doing a big PRODUCTION for Ako Evening!
Image result for ako
Image result for narratorThis production was based on NATURAL DISASTERS AROUND THE PACIFIC!!! We all were put in groups and in these group there was a leader. The leader had to write a story about a natural disaster, based on the myth/legend they read! After that they had to write script related to the story and they had to allocate the roles so everyone in their group had one! Me and Grace ended up doing the Niue group since no one else was doing it.

After the scripts were made, each group done a few reading task for 2 - 3 weeks before learning their script. A few weeks ago everyone got their scripts and started practising just reading aloud to each other. This helped everyone get comfortable with reading their lines to everyone, and also helped some students read with expression! My job as the narrator was to write my script.
Once I finished writing my script, Ms Aireen started working on it. She edited it so it sounds more interesting and she also added more lines to it. I really liked how Ms Aireen edited my script, it really taught me how I should write at my standard!

Last week and this week, costumes were made, lines were learnt and everyone was setting up their area for their scenes. Did I mention, each group had a scene each and also an area where they would be performing in. My part was to lead all the whanau into room 10 and guide them around so they could see each scene. I was really looking forward to the production, I knew it was going to be a BLAST!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing I found challenging was trying to find certain people because EVERYONE WAS EVERYWHERE!!!!! If I would see Cerenity, someone would call me and when they're done I would turn around and Cerenity is gone!!!

One thing I enjoyed about the preparation for the Ako Evening was seeing everyone work together as a team to get their costumes, props and scenes ready for the day! Everyone was working so hard, especially those that had to perform in 3 different scenes! I also enjoyed seeing everyone have fun just talking and lying down whenever we got a break, just to have a little rest and settle down altogether!

One thing I did not enjoy was that there was a possibility I wouldn't have made it, and I didn't. :( Yesterday, like I said was the day of my sisters graduation. It was during school hours and when it finished it was already like 4:30! It was in town, at Aotea Square and when we got home it was like 5:00. I ended up staying at my aunties house while all the adults went to my sisters graduation dinner! I was really sad I didn't make it, I really wanted to do the narrating part but I also wanted to see everyone perform. I was lucky enough to have Akanesi fill in for me! I heard she done a FANTASTIC job!!!
One thing I learned from the preparation for Ako Evening was that TEAMWORK makes the DREAMWORK! And also that if you put your mind to it, you're capable of starting anything and finishing it, just like the Kia Manawanui syndicate did!!!!!!
Image result for finger crossed emoji
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: Did you come Ako Evening?

That is the end of this blog! I hope you had fun at Ako Evening if you came! Make sure to give me some positive feedback and feedforward for my future learning! Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz