Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2018

📚Reading - Analysing, Evaluating and Synthesising!📚

📚Reading - Analysing, Evaluating and Synthesising - ANALYSING!📚
IALT: Blog about Analysing, Evaluating and Synthesizing!
Kia Ora and welcome to my blog! This week and last week the Kia Manawanui syndicate have been learning to use their Analysing, Evaluating and Synthesizing skills to complete worksheet tasks given to us! We used screencastify to explain and show our learning! Ms Aireen had shared a presentation with the whole class, giving every student a slide to work on! These slides was the place we linked our screencastify on so Ms Aireen and Ms Komor could watch to see if we understood the text really well! Here is my blue slide: 

In analysing we had to answer questions that talked about Mataginifale and the text. Here were the following questions and activities:
1. If Mataginifale had not had a shell with her inside the whale, what might the ending have been?

2. Which parts of this story could happen in real life?

3. Complete the character map to show what you know about Mataginifale.
List at least four things you know about her from the story.
Here is the link to my explanation: ANALYSE
Image result for analyse
Evaluating is something that you explain when it comes to your statement! You can agree or disagree and you form your opinion using evidence!
Here are the questions given to us:
Which character from this story would you most like to spend the day with and why?

Statement: "Teasing others is just harmless fun."
I agree with this statement because...
I disagree with this statement because...
Here is the link to my explanation: EVALUATE
Image result for evaluate
Synthesizing is just basically CREATING! In this task we had to create a meal for Mataginifale to eat after her travels. To be very honest I would be REALLY hungry because if I were in a whale's belly and I went from COOK ISLANDS to TONGA I would love to eat some nice Tongan food!
Here is my meal I made digitally:
Here is the link to my explanation: SYNTHESIZE
----------------------------------------------------------------
I really enjoy doing Reading! My favourite part about what we have been doing in reading is the fact is we all are able to work together to finish the tasks! One thing I found challenging was explaining, because I was able to say it in my head but it was so hard to make it into words!
Image result for talk
----------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: What have you been doing in reading?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some positive feedback and feedforward for my future! Bye :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz