Pages

Thursday 6 September 2018

➖➕Maths - Adding and Subtracting fractions with the related Denominator!➕➖

➖➕Maths - Adding and Subtracting fractions with the related Denominator!➕➖
IALT: Talk about what we have been doing in Maths recently!
Malo e Lelei and welcome to my blog! As you all may know MATHS is my favorite subject in school! I love solving equations and trying to figure out things using my head and mind! This week and last week Ms Komors group has been learning to add and subtract fractions with the same denominator! Here is a snapshot of our Follow up activity:
I find adding and subtracting fractions a bit easy but when it comes to word problems I find a challenge! Here is an example of a word problem in the activity:
I think this question is asking us to add which I obviously know how to do but my challenge is having to read the question properly to confirm I am adding! I am almost (not really) done but I still have HEAPS to do! Here is a snapshot of where I am up to now!
To solve question A I added the 4 and 3/4 + 2 3/8 and since I couldn't do this because the denominators aren't the same, I converted the 3/4 to make 8ths! First I multiplied the 4 by 2 because 4x2=8 and whatever you do to the denominator you HAVE TO DO TO THE NUMERATOR! So 3x2=6 which gives me 4 6/8 + 2 3/8 (see how the denominators are the same!) This gave me a total of 6 and 9/8 which is an improper fraction because the numerator (9), is bigger then the denominator (8). So I converted it into a mixed fraction which gives me 1 1/8 which means 1+6=7 so my answer is, 7 1/8!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: What is your favorite subject at school?

FUN FACT: When I grow up I want to be a teacher!

Thank you for reading this blog! Bye :)
Image result for smart gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz