Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2018

🛡️Reading Project - Biosecurity!🛡️

🛡️Reading Project - Biosecurity!🛡️
WALT: Use analysing skills to help us to critically summarise different parts of the text.
  • I can use examples in the text to identify key ideas.
WALT: Examine and evaluate key ideas
  • I can use examples in the text to support my opinions.
  • I can compare and contrast ideas in the text
Bonjour and welcome to my blog! This week Ms Komor and Ms Aireen have put the Kia Manawanui syndicate on... Automatic. This means they have given us A BUNCH of tasks to keep us occupied while they can have time to do their testing, for our end of year reports! Our teachers are 2 hard-working individuals but together they make the definition of Hard-Working! We have Math tasks, Reading tasks, Inquiry tasks and independent tasks to keep us occupied. Recently we have been working on our READING Task!
Image result for reading gif

One reading task that I have kind of completed is the first one. Here is a presentation so you know which one I am talking about. :)
I have read the text which is about Biosecurity and I have created a Screencastify answering the questions on slide 3! Here are my answers:
What is Biosecurity?
Biosecurity is an organisation that protects our country and
countries away from pests and infectious disease. People that
come from other countries into NZ are scanned by a Scanner to
see if they have any diseases or Influenza (the flu). Biosecurity
uses technology such as Body Scanners, Thermometers,
X-Rays, etc to help prevent diseases, pests and dangerous
objects get into our country. Biosecurity saves our environment
and keeps our people safe. This is good for our health because
it means that we have a possibility of avoiding a flu outbreak.

Why is it important to protect our environment?
It is important to protect our environment because it is part of the
way we live. Biosecurity protects NZ from pests, diseases,
infections and threats. This protects our environment a lot!
It is important to protect our environment so our native plants
and animals stay safe.
Biosecurity does this by keeping non native things out of NZ.
This keeps our country healthy and clean but can also still cause
pollution!

Explain 2 different types of technology that is used in the technological world.
In the technological world there are so, SO MUCH different types
of technology that we use! 2 things we use in the technological
world are
X-Rays which can reveal signs of disease or injury and
produce shadow images of bones and some organs.
A thermal scanner is a scanner that can basically see
things in the dark.
It is similar to a X-Ray but instead it shows your temperature
and can detect things in the dark like swine flu etc.
Image result for biosecurity
I still have to complete making the Screencastify which I will blog as soon as I make it and I still have to do the last task on slide one which is to complete reading tasks on slide 6! This will take me a long time but I have the courage and faith which I am glad because it will keep me going for the rest of the term! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: What are you learning about in reading?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some feedback for my future! Bye :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz