Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2018

🎨Te Tuhi Reflection🎨

🎨Te Tuhi Reflection🎨
WALT: Reflect on our experience at the Te Tuhi art gallery.
Malo E Lelei and greetings to you all! Today the Kia Manawanui syndicate had their trip to Te Tuhi! I was in group 1 and we were the first group to go. I enjoyed my time at Te Tuhi and I hope you enjoy reading my reflection!
Image result for Te Tuhi

Image result for abstract artToday at Te Tuhi I learned many, many things! One thing I learned in our lesson today was that Abstract art is a type of art that puts pictures in peoples head. Like when you look at an Abstract piece of painting, you have to look at it clearly for you to figure out what it was! 




Image result for technology in abstract artTechnology plays a great role in Abstract art because without it, honestly, there wouldn't be any art. I think this is because, using technology includes using paint, paint brushes, pencils, paper and many, MANY things! That's how technology plays a role in Abstract art!




In today's session we also learned how to MAKE Abstract Art! In the making of Abstract art, there are 4 simple steps (well, for our type of Abstract)! The steps we used were

1- Use the Matte side of the cardboard and use the stencils to trace in different areas.
In this step, we used 4 different stencils. I used the Phone, the Computer, the Controller, and the pencil! 
Someone else's work!
2- Use a ruler to draw 2 lines going down and 2 lines going across (anywhere)!
In this step, I basically just drew 2 lines going diagonally down (to make a V shape), and 2 lines going across (to make a hashtag kind of shape)!

3-  Go over the lines with Vivid.
For this step I used a ruler to go over all lines.

4- Paint with 4 different colours and dry.
In this step, I used the colours LIGHT-BLUE, PURPLE, PEACH-PINK, & LIGHT-GREEN! To make the colours I used I mixed Red, Yellow, and White to make Peach-Pink, I mixed Blue and White to make Light-Blue, I used Green and White to make Light-Green, and I used Blue and Red to make Purple! The reason why I used these colours was because they're primary colours which I like because it means you can mix two colours to make another one! 

I really enjoyed making Abstract art but I also enjoyed walking around the gallery and looking at different art exhibitions! I liked one exhibition where it had the Tongan Shield but in different form. The artist was Benjamin Work who is Tongan, and his exhibition/art work was called: Write it on the land, Seal it on the heart. The art he made was similar to the Tongan shield:
Image result for tongan shield

But instead it was with different symbols. He said that the symbols on the Tongan shield were made by Europeans and he wanted to use symbols that were made by our Tongan ancestors but similar to the original symbols! Here is his piece of artwork:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: Have you ever made Abstract art?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz