Pages

Sunday 13 January 2019

👀SLJP W2D4 - Spectacular, Spectacular - Activity 2: It's All In The Name👀

👀SLJP W2D4 - Spectacular, Spectacular - Activity 2: It's All In The Name👀
Bula Vinaka and welcome to my blog! Did you know that Rotorua is one of the many places that tourists like to go to when they visit NZ? Rotorua is a city that is filled with forests, mountain biking tracks, lakes and many more things like mud pools and hot springs.

Have you ever heard of the famous Devils Bath? The Devil's Bath is a neon green pool of stinky water. People have suggested changing the name into something more creative! I have come up with 5 names that I would suggest to name the pool and I have put a '*' next to my favorite one! Let's look at what we have!

1. The Sewers Pool

2. Stinking Liquid

3. The Green Funky Smelling Pool

4.  Rotten Water*

5. The Musty Bath

As you all can see, Rotten Water is my favorite name for the Devil's Bath! If I did have the opportunity to change its name I would change it to Rotten Water because I think this name sums up what it is! I wouldn't name it The Musty Bath because musty is another word for smelly but it also means a damp smell and I do not know what the Devil's Bath smells like! This is why I think Stinking Liquid or Rotten Water would be a good name for the Devil's Bath!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you know, Rotten Water is my most suggested name for the Devil's Bath!
Question of the blog: What would you name the pool if you could?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward for my future! Bye :)





1 comment:

  1. Bula Lydia!

    You've come up with some great alternative names for Devil's Bath. I was going to say that 'The Musty Bath' was my favourite but I see what you mean - 'musty' really is one specific smell, but 'rotten' could be a number of different things.

    Have you been to Rotorua before? I always struggle with the smell when I'm there, but there's so many great activities and attractions - it's hard to keep away! :) Have you been to any geothermal pools before? Up north (where I'm from) there's a place called Ngawha Springs which is famous for it's geothermal hot pools. They're more a muddy brown colour, apposed to green like the Devil's Bath, but they're lovely and relaxing. Especially on colder evenings.

    Well done on completing another activity Lydia. Keep up the great blogging! :)

    Ngā mihi,

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz