Pages

Sunday 13 January 2019

🌞SLJP W3D1 - A Heated Debate - Activity 2: You Are My Sunshine🌞

🌞SLJP W3D1 - A Heated Debate - Activity 2: You Are My Sunshine🌞
Image result for sunHello everyone and welcome to my blog! It is Summer here in NZ and it is not nice! In fact, it is TERRIBLE! I mean, it is nice to take a swim here and there but my cousins and I went swimming like 6 days in a row due to the hotness! (HOOTTTTT!!!!) It may be nice to be in the Sun, but you got to stay SunSmart because being in the Sun too much can lead to Sun Cancer!

Here are 5 ways on how to be Sun Smart!
Slip into a long-sleeve shirt. Tighter and darker color shirts protect your body more from the Sun.
Slop on SUNSCREEN! Sunscreen is very important when going outside. Apply 20 mins before going outside. and every 2 hours especially after swimming or sweating!
Slap on a hat! Bucket hats are most recommended to cover your face and neck from being sunburnt!
Seek some shade! Don't stay in the Sun too long, make sure to get some shade and feel the nice breeze!
Slide on some Sunglasses! Make sure to check the label to make sure it protects your eyes against UV Radiation!
Image result for sunsmart
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Those are 5 ways to stay Sun smart, make sure to do these things to avoid Sun Cancer and Sunburn!
Question of the blog: Do you know any other ways of how to be SunSmart?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :-)


3 comments:

  1. Kia Orana Lydia,

    My name is Hinerangi, I am currently a year 8 student at Pt England School. I loved your work this summer as it sounds really recommended and incredible. Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide sounds so cool. What an awesome way of showing us how to protect ourselves due to the sun. Because there are ways you have written down, I think I will have to go with Sunblock and shade only because I can't think of anything else. Do you have any other ways to protect yourself from the sun? Overall I loved your post. Hope to see more soon, keep it up.

    Bye,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hinerangi,
      Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I am really glad knowing that you learned something from my blog! I agree with you! All I can possibly think of is to stay in the shade and wear sunblock!

      Once again, Thank you!
      - Lydia! :-)

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Lydia,

    Tino pai for creating such an informative post about being sunsmart. I can get burnt very easily so my mum gave me a wide brimmed hat to wear when I do my lunchtime duty at my school. My tip for staying sun smart is not to go outside into the sun’s harsh rays for long periods of time. Which sunsmart tip is your favourite?

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz