Pages

Sunday 13 January 2019

🌡️SLJP Week 3 - Up, Up, and Away - Day 1 - A Heated Debate - Activity 1: Togs Or Trackies?🌡️

🌡️SLJP Week 3 - Up, Up, and Away - Day 1 - A Heated Debate - Activity 1: Togs Or Trackies?🌡️
Talofa Lava and welcome to my blog! I am starting on Week 3 of the SLJP which is called Up, Up, and Away! Day 1 is called A Heated Debate and Activity 1 is called Togs Or Trackies? Let's get started!
Swimming in my cousins pool cause it was so HOT!

New Zealand is a really wonderful place. (Am I right?) Especially a lovely place to live in but according to some information, it is also a lovely place to visit! In 2017, 2-3 million people visited NZ as tourists! Some people visit in the middle of Summer, others like to visit in the middle of Winter! It is currently Summer here in New Zealand and honestly, IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!! It is extremely hot here but when I look at it, I feel sorry for those who live in places like Australia! In Auckland, the temperature is usually 27 degrees or less which is like being in a heated oven, but when I ask my cousins how hot is it in Australia they say it's over 30 degrees! WHAT?! In Winter it gets really cold. Cold as in where I need 2 blankets and a heater in my room! I do not like the cold but I also do not like when it is really hot!

Image result for springMy nana lives in America and so does some of my family so when they do visit NZ we tell them the best time to come in Spring.  This is because it isn't too hot or it isn't too cold! It will be a good time for the beach and good time for family time! I also think Summer is a good time because that's around the time when us kids have our school holidays!

I think this goes the same for tourists. 3 things tourists can do if they come in Spring is,
- Go to the beach and look for shells or swim.
- Explore different places in NZ.
- Look at the beautiful view of flowers etc.

You're maybe thinking 'You can do all of this in the Summer, Winter and Autumn too!' Which is correct but I think doing it in Spring will avoid you from sweating to much or having to wear 3 layers of clothes because it is too cold!
Image result for seasons
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: What season do you think is a good time for family members and tourists to visit NZ?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)



1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Lydia,

    I think Spring is a great time to visit as well! Especially if people want to go on any bush walks or climb any of our mountains. In Spring the weather is getting warmer but it isn’t too hot for people to be able to explore our beautiful country. Plus many of the tourists that explore our country come in summer. If your recommend for people to visit in Spring, tourist attractions around New Zealand won’t be as busy. I don’t know how your cousins deal with the heat in Australia. I was reading an article that the temperatures are hitting 40°C and higher! Isn’t that crazy?!?

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz