Pages

Thursday 24 January 2019

🐦SLJP W3D3 - Taking Flight - Activity 1: Bird Of The Year!🐦

🐦SLJP W3D3 - Taking Flight - Activity 1: Bird Of The Year!🐦
Image result for extinct
Malo E Lelei and welcome to my blog! Bird Of The Year? Birds are really special to NZ, we have some really unique bird species all around NZ! It is really sad because 1/3 of our native bird species are endangered and are at risk of being extinct...


Image result for let's get started gifIn this task, I am going to be choosing any bird from the Bird Of The Year website! I will be writing a short description of the bird I choose! This task is based on the Bird Of The Year. Bird of the year is a competition held by the Forest and Bird New Zealand where people can vote for their favorite bird. This year, the winner was the Kereru (or Woodpigeon). Let's get started!

The bird I chose to write about was the Fantail. 
Fantail Birds are really fast nest builders. They mainly eat insects which are known to be pretty easy for them to catch because of their speed. Their nests are usually built under protective gathered leaves in tree forks. They are birds of Australasia, South Asia and parts of India. Their scientific name is Rhipidura and they're doing okay as of extinction statuses! 
This image belongs to the bird of the year website.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fantails are really interesting! Speaking of fans, I'm really hot I need one!
The question of the blog: What bird interests you the most?

Thank you for reading this blog make sure to give me some positive feedback and feedforward! Bye :)


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lydia,

    Great work on another great post - well done! :)

    Fantail's are beautiful little birds, aren't they? I don't see them very much around where I live but up north (where I'm from) they're everywhere! I love seeing them flit around the garden at my mum and dad's house when I go visit. Do you see them around your house?
    In my culture (Māori) we believe that a fantail flying inside the house is a bad omen (a sign that something bad is going to happen); did you know that? Luckily, I've never had a fantail fly inside any of the houses I've lived in.

    Bye for now,

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz