Pages

Sunday 13 January 2019

🙌SLJP W2D5 - Wasting Away - Activity 3: Faded Glory🙌

🙌SLJP W2D5 - Wasting Away - Activity 3: Faded Glory🙌

Malo E Lelei and welcome to my blog! In the East Coast of Australia, lives the largest coral reef system called the Great Barrier Reef, which is made up of 2900 individual reefs! (Amazing, Right?)
Many people believe that this reef system is millions and millions of years old. Most of its life it has been healthy and well but over the past 3 decades, it has changed. Most of the bright beautiful coral has become bleached and damaged by natural disasters such as cyclones, tourists and damaging species. Luckily, the Australian government helps by spending $200million dollars to help protect this wonderful coral reef! This is a lot of money that could be used for other things and we can help with fundraising! In this task, I have to list three different ideas or strategies that could be used to help fundraise to preserve the coral reef! Let's get started!
Image result for fundraise
One way I think could be used to fundraise is by hosting a talent show and getting a group of friends even family to raise money which could help out a lot. This can even become a hobby or a job (kind of like a circus), where you entertain people and get paid for it! I think this is a really good way to raise money because it doesn't have to be magic, or singing it can be dancing, traditional dancing and many more! 


Image result for night markets aucklandAnother strategy that can be used to help fundraise is by selling food! Have you ever heard of the Night Markets? Well, I know that every Tuesday there is one at the Countdown parking lot in Mt Wellington and there is one in Pakuranga underneath the Warehouse! You could get your family, aunties and uncles, cousins, grandma and grandpa to help put up a little store where you can sell food or old stuff that you own that can go to good use! 

One last strategy that I could come up with is by taking the time to express yourself and inspire others to fundraise. I think if you encourage others to fundraise, you won't be doing the job alone! Spread the word about the problem and explain different ways of what you can do to fundraise!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
These are my three different ways of fundraising to save the Great Barrier Reef!
Question of the blog: What would you do to fundraise?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward for my future! Bye :)

3 comments:

  1. Talofa lava Lydia,

    You've come up with three really great fundraising ideas. In fact, you're the first Summer Learning Journey blogger who I've come across that has thought of doing a talent show - very original. :) Would your perform in the show? What would you do?
    I think the market stall is a great idea too! I haven't been to the night markets in Mount Wellington or Pakuranga but I have been to the ones in Glen Field and they're always so busy! I bet you'd be able to raise lots of money there.

    At the beginning of the netball season my club runs fundraising events to raise money for our uniforms and equipment. Last year we did a sausage sizzle and a big raffle. I think those two ideas could make lots of money for the Great Barrier Reef as well. What do you think?

    Congratulations on completing another activity Lydia. Keep up the great work! :)

    Blog ya later,

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa Mikey,
      Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
      I got the idea of having a talent show because last year the Kia Manawanui syndicate (year 7 and 8's of TPS), hosted a talent show where all students danced, sang and showcased their talents! We raised a lot of money for camp and it decreased our camp fund down to $70!! If I held one of my very own talent shows I would perform and I think I would do a traditional Tongan dance called a Tau'olunga!

      I think what you and your Netball club are doing is so fantastic! What a great way to raise money!

      Blog ya later,
      Lydia :)

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Lydia,

    Wow! That's incredible! You must have had lots of people attend the talent show. It's such a great idea.

    Where did you go for camp? What activities did you do?

    Bye for now,

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz