Pages

Thursday 24 January 2019

🕯️SLJP W3D4 - Like a Scene Out of a Movie - Activity 1: The Southern Lights 🕯️

🕯️SLJP W3D4 - Like a Scene Out of a Movie - Activity 1: The Southern Lights 🕯️
Bula Vinaka and welcome to my blog! I have never seen the Southern Lights but, I have always heard people talking about it. 
Image result for southern lights
I found out that the Southern Lights are so beautiful that they make people speechless! Today I am going to be writing an ACROSTIC POEM using the word LIGHTS to describe the Southern Lights! Let's get started!

L - Lights all around
I - It's an incredible sight to view
G - Glowing real bright
H - Heavenly looking
T - Time to remember
S - Slowly fading, so speechlessly beautiful!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed my acrostic poem!
The question of the blog: Have you ever seen the Southern Lights before?


Thank you for reading this blog make sure to give me some positive feedback and feedforward! Vinaka Vaka Levu, Moce! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lydia,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.
    I'm reading your blog from my home in Canada where we have the Northern Lights, not the Southern Lights.

    You've posted some beautiful photos of the lights and, even more important, you've created a wonderful acrostic poem. Well done!!

    Have you ever seen the Southern Lights yourself? I've seen the Northern Lights just twice as they're most visible in the far north, and I live in southern Canada. They were like ribbons of colour, floating in the dark night sky - it was magical!!!

    Aren't we lucky to be alive in such a beautiful world?!!

    I hope you're enjoying your summer and that you've enjoyed being a part of this Summer Learning Journey!!

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz