Pages

Thursday 24 January 2019

🦅SLJP W3D3 - Taking Flight - Activity 3: Wind Beneath My Wings🦅

🦅SLJP W3D3 - Taking Flight - Activity 3: Wind Beneath My Wings🦅
Image result for flying animalsKia Ora and welcome back to my blog! Birds and Bats may be the only two kinds of species that can fly but did you know, that some fish, squirrels, and snakes can fly? WEIRD RIGHT?
Check out this website to discover more!
                                           Top 10 Flying Animals

The animal I have chosen to make a poster about is an EAGLE!  because not only are they so cool and interesting but they are also really brave and strong which is quite similar to me!

Here is my DLO:

Photo 1: Bald Eagle, Alaska by Wikipedia is licensed under cc-by-4.0
Photo 2: Golden Eagle Hunting by Timothy Allen licensed under cc-by-4.0
Photo 3: American Bald Eagle Flying In Sky (Author Unknown) licensed under cc-by-4.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eagles are really, really cool!
Question of the blog: What animal do you think is so interesting?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Ka Kite Ano!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lydia,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team. I'm reading your blog from my home in Canada where we actually have both Golden and Bald Eagles. Aren't we lucky?

    I agree with you that they're strong, wild birds. It's wonderful to see them gliding through the air, high above the ground. Their ability to see their prey from a great distance, up in the sky, is just amazing. I'm glad that I'm not a mouse!!

    With the climate changes that we're experiencing, we're finding there are more eagles in our area than there used to be. I'm a member of a Naturalist's group and people often speak of seeing eagles flying above their property. It's quite interesting to see them soar with their huge wing span. They're powerful!!

    I hope that you've had fun doing these activities this summer and learning about all of these cool animals! I'm so glad that you've chosen to be part of the program!!

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz