Pages

Sunday 20 January 2019

💨SLJP W3D2 - The Air Up There - Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don't Stink!💨

💨SLJP W3D2 - The Air Up There - Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don't Stink!💨
Image result for drain foodFakalofa Lahi Atu! Welcome back to my blog! Do you know what a carbon sink is? Well, a carbon sink is a specially designed sink that kills air that can be toxic for us humans! A carbon sink is really cool because you can drain different certain types of foods and it gathers and cleans away things you don't want! The biggest Carbon Sink here in NZ cleans away %60 of our unwanted food!

In this task, I have to list down different types of foods that I will drain in my very own special carbon sink! Let's get started! 
The things I would drain in my own special Carbon sink are:
- Noodles
- Old Leftovers
- Seafood 
- Big Crumbs
- Vegetables
- Corn
- Bones
- Rice
Many More!
Image result for carbon sinks dont stink
------------------------------------------------------------
The question of the blog: What things would you throw away in your carbon sink?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward for my future! Bye :)

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora & Namaste Lydia,
    Just to clarify a "carbon sink" is the name we called the places where the carbon dioxide is absorbed which are our forests and oceans. The saddest thing is that carbon dioxide can be toxic for humans and still, we have been cut down the trees from the forest and polluting our seas with rubish, two of the most important things that help us to have clean and fresh air, it doesn't make sense, right?!
    I don't need my very own carbon sink for foods because I like most foods! I am mad about food actually. Oh, I just remember, perhaps tempeh because I really don't like it! :o)
    Keep up with your great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lydia,

    My name is Davarni. I was shocked to see that you put corn and rice, those are two of my favourite foods! But, I guess everyone has their own taste in food, right? What's yours?

    Keep it up!
    Davarni

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz