Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

🌲SLJP Day 2 - Forest Life - Activity 1: Giants Among Us🌲

🌲SLJP Day 2 - Forest Life - Activity 1: Giants Among Us🌲
Namaste and welcome to my blog! Today is the SECOND Day of the Summer Learning Journey Program. Today's topic is about the Forest Life! Now I am going to be doing the first activity which is called Giants Among Us!

In the first activity we have to talk about if we want to visit Tane Mahuta or not. Tane Mahuta is a famous native Kauri tree in the Waipoua Forest in NZ. It stands 51.2 meters tall and is known to be the age somewhere between 1,250 and 2,500 years old.

I do want to visit Tane Mahuta one day. I made a DLO to present my opinion, I also added some FUN FACTS! Here is the DLO: 
-------------------------------------------
I hope someday I will be able to visit the famous Tane Mahuta. 
Question of the blog: Have you ever visited Tane Mahuta? If not, Do you want to?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)

1 comment:

  1. Mālō e lelei Lydia,
    Here you are once again doing some amazing post just because you can! I liked it very much for many reasons such as that you did a DLO for your answer but also you went beyond and added some fun facts. Also, I think is great that you finish the post asking the readers few questions as this is such a nice way to make your post personal and welcoming.
    I have visited Tane Mahuta couple times and I absolutely loved it, I felt spell bounded by the majestic size and spiritual power of this ancient tree.

    I like that you have once again included images in your blog post. Remember, if you are going to use images that you have found online, you need to make sure that you attribute them (give credit) to the owner. Check out our guide to posting images here:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit
    After check the link if still unsure on how to do it let me know and I will help you out.
    Keep up with the great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz