Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2018

🌿SLJP W2D2 - Fabulous Flora - Activity 1: Weaving A Tall Tale...🌿

🌿SLJP W2D2 - Fabulous Flora - Activity 1: Weaving A Tall Tale...🌿
Good Afternoon everybody and welcome back to my blog! Today is officially DAY 2 of WEEK 2 of the SLJP!! I am going to be completing activity 1 which is called Weaving A Tall Tale...


This activity is about FLAX WEAVING! We were given a video (LINK) and in this task, I will be explaining to you all whether I would want to try flax weaving and why! If you do not know what flax weaving is, it is where you use flax and weave it to make different things! From what I know flax weaving is really common in Pacific countries including NZ. They use flax to make things like FRUIT BASKETS, HATS, DECORATIONS and etc. Let's get started with this activity!


I have already tried flax weaving and it was SO FUN! We made a rose flower out of the flax and it was surprising to see what you could make out of flax! If I had the opportunity to flax weave again I would ABSOLUTELY do it again! I think it is so fun and it keeps you occupied so you don't get bored! If I do flax weave again I would love to make a BAG or a HAT! Flax weaving is so good because it means you can make your own technology and things that you need at a low price and by doing it yourself! I think it'll be so fun and it'll teach me how to flax weave on my own in my free time!
Image result for flax weave
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope I get the opportunity to Flax Weave again!
Question of the blog: Have you ever tried flax weaving?


Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Lydia,

    Once again you have created a fabulous post and shared a lot of interesting information with us about the art of flax weaving. I must admit that I had not heard of this cultural practice until I moved to New Zealand eight years ago. I had the chance to watch my sister-in-law weave a beautiful kete out of flax and I was amazed! I have been really interested in flax weaving ever since.

    I can see from your post that you have personal experience with flax weaving, having made a rose. What did you make it for? Was it part of a class that you were taking or did you just decide to teach yourself one day? I would love to try flax weaving again and, like you, would love to try something bigger like a bag or a hat. Imagine that!

    I hope that you have the chance to try your hand at flax weaving again and that you're able to post a picture of your final product on your blog for all of us to see!

    I'm really impressed with your posts, Lydia. They are outstanding! Keep up the great work!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz