Pages

Monday 31 December 2018

🍃SLJP W2D2 - Fabulous Flora - Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves🍃

🍃SLJP W2D2 - Fabulous Flora - Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves🍃
Hello Everyone and welcome back to my blog! I am going to be completing ACTIVITY 2 of DAY 2 of WEEK 2! (A lot of 2's am I right?) This activity is called Mighty Mangroves! 
Image result for Mangrove
Have you ever heard of a Mangrove? Well, NZ has a native tree called a Kiwi Mangrove. Kiwi Mangroves are known to grow in harbors or shallow water. They are also known to be the strongest and toughest trees in the world because they can survive really big and harsh conditions like a natural disaster etc. 

In this activity, we have to list one person we think is really strong and tough and why! I think it is my grandma and here is why:

In my opinion, 
one really STRONG and TOUGH person I know is my grandma! (My mum's mum) This is because she has been through a lot in her life and she still manages to put a big smile on her face and continue to love and care for her kids and grandkids! 


My grandma has been through a lot, In 1984 she lost her son (my mum's brother) when he was 7 years old! This was a pretty sad time for my grandma and grandpa because never in a million years would they imagine losing one of their kids at that age! My grandma and my family have recently lost my grandpa! (Really sad) My grandma stays home and cries and when she's not doing that shes either at the cemetery or shes around her family! My grandma is really strong because even through all of this she still laughs, jokes around and SMILES which makes me really happy!


---------------------------------------------------------

My grandma is one STRONG person!
Question of the blog: Who's one person you think is really strong and why?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)



3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Lydia

    Your grandma sounds like a wonderful, strong, loving and kind person. You are so lucky to have her be a part of your life. It takes a lot to get through losing someone that means that much to you but with your support I know things will be ok. If you were my granddaughter I would feel so honoured that you had written such lovely words about me.

    Your blog got me thinking about who I consider to be a strong person. I have a friend called Annie. She lost her mum three years ago, her family can be VERY full on and she is raising two young kids. No matter what life throws at her she bounces back and combats all challenges with a positive attitude. She is one of the strongest people I know.

    You write very beautifully Lydia and I’ll definitely be popping by to read more of your posts.

    Give your grandma a big cuddle and have a great day.

    Ngā mihi,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tena Koe lydia,
    my name is Tamarah I also participate in the SLJ. Man your granma sounds like a kind delightful and such a strong Women.Itś lucky to have grandma like that. She is a strong women how gone through enough pain but throughout all this pain she still manges to crack a laugh and a smile.
    keep up the amazing work

    Nga mihi nui,
    -Tamarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Lydia!

    Your grandma sounds like a very strong and wonderful person. I like how you have added in a image. I also like how there is lots of detail in your writing about your grandma.

    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz