Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

😊SLJP Day 4 - More Than Meets The Eye - Activity 3: Salt And Pepper😊

😊SLJP Day 4 - More Than Meets The Eye - Activity 3: Salt And Pepper😊
Hello Everyone and welcome back to my blog! I will be completing ACTIVITY 3 of DAY 4 of the SLJP! Activity 3 is called... SALT AND PEPPER! I have discovered some really strange things before doing this activity so let's get started!

Did you know that in Bolivia (a country in South America), there is a massive area of SALT?! Tourists that visit this area stay in hotels that are completely made out of SALT! (WHAT?!) Other things like Ice hotels and Glass hotels exist too! (UNBELIEVABLE)

In this task I have to imagine I have enough money to build my own hotel! I have to explain where I would build my hotel and what would I make it out of! Let's get to it!

If I had the opportunity to build my own hotel I would build it in Bora Bora which is located in French Polynesia! I would build this hotel out of... SAND! I know it sounds strange but I think if you can make a hotel out of salt then you can make a hotel out of sand too! I think this is impossible but since I am using my imagination anything can happen!
 --------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: If you had an opportunity to build your own hotel, where would you build it and what would you use to build it?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to comment down below your answer to the question and also give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)



3 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Eve!

    Hope you are enjoying your well deserved break.

    Isn't that AMAZING what these places are made out of?!? It makes me think about our Inquiry unit on Technology.

    I have always wanted to visit Bora Bora and stay in one of the huts that they have on the water.
    If I could build a hotel, I would build one made out of wood not only because I think things made out of wood look cool but wood is also a renewable resource,leaves a lower carbon footprint and removes CO2 from the atmosphere. I'm not sure where my hotel would be but I know it would have to be somewhere hot and I would need to install a system that keeps Spiders away.😂

    You stated that Bolivia was in South Africa. When you have a moment, would you please fact check this? If you are indeed correct, well done! If not, you will need to edit your work. 

    It's great to see you participating in the Summer Learning Journey program Lydia *virtual high five*


    Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    Keep up the great work!😊




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms Komor!

      Hope you had a great Christmas with your family! I couldn't believe what I was reading when I found out that a Salt Hotel exists!

      I love your explanation on what you would use to make your hotel and how you would keep SPIDERS out!😂

      I searched up where Bolivia is and it is a country in Central South America! (Oops) Thank you for giving me that heads up! :)

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Lydia,
    I have been in Bolivia and more precisely in the Salar Uyuni (desert of salt), and I can tell you that is truly an amazing place! Full of colourful lagoons and flamingos! We travel there in a jeep for around 4 days and we slept in houses made completely of salt bricks!
    The idea of making a hotel made of sand is indeed very creative! I would love to go to Bora Bora and if I do, can I stay in your hotel? ;o)
    It would be great if you did made a drawing of your room showing some cool and creative details, think about that for the future.
    Once again, I love how you take your time to explained the activity, what you have you learnt and your impressions as this show that you have a inquisitive mind set. Way to go Lydia!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz