Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

šŸ¤«SLJP Day 3 - Awesome Animals - Activity 2: The Secretive SkinkšŸ¤«

šŸ¤«SLJP Day 3 - Awesome Animals - Activity 2: The Secretive SkinkšŸ¤«
Kia Orana and welcome back to my blog! I am going to be completing ACTIVITY 2 of DAY 3 of the SLJP! Activity 2 is called The Secretive Skink! Did you know about a skink called the Chevron Skink? It is one of the most least common Skinks ever. They are known to live on 2 different islands. The Great Barrier island and the  Little Barrier island. Only a few people other then staff are allowed to live there. This is because it is an animal reserved area. People that work for the NZ Department Of Conservation are allowed to live there. They're called Rangers and these people are to protect wildlife animals and plants.
-----------------------------------------------------
In this task we have to list some PROS and CONS about being a Ranger that works for the DOC! 

I had four PROS and four CONS! (I couldn't think of much) I think when I am older I would LOVE to be a DOC Ranger! I think it would give me an opportunity to increase animal population, but also get to be a hero to animals in danger! I love animals (when they're not harmless) and I think if I did become a DOC Ranger I would love the job!
------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: Would you become a DOC Ranger if you had the chance too?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)

1 comment:

  1. Kia Orana Lydia,
    Oh my! this is such a lovely post! Ka Mau te Wehi!
    First, I really like how you took your time to explain the task and the uniqueness of the endangers species in New Zealand and how our DOC works as a way to create context to your readers so they can understand and learn about New Zealand unique and fragile ecosystem.
    Secondly, you made a great poster with your pros and cons, I love how you made it colourful and creative!
    Last but no least, how nice is to know that you would like to be a DOC ranger because you love animals and want to make a difference. Way to go Lydia!
    This is getting better and better and I can't wait to see your next posts!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz