Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

☀️Summer Learning Journey Week 1 - Activity 1: Top 3 Fun Facts About NZ!☀️

☀️Summer Learning Journey Week 1 - Activity 1: Top 3 Fun Facts About NZ!☀️
Malo E Lelei and welcome to my blog! This holidays I have decided to join an online program called the Summer Learning Journey program. We get given different weekly activities and we get given points. When the program is done, there are prizes that will be given out to the winners. Today I will be doing the first activity.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image result for new zealandThis week's topic is A Place to stand. Today's topic is In The Beginning and for activity one we have to list 3 Fun Facts about NZ! 

One fun fact I know about NZ is that it was the first nation to almost allow every adult to vote. In 1893 a new law was made and female citizens were allowed to politically vote.
 
Image result for ruapehu
Another fun fact I know about NZ is that it is part of the Pacific Rim of fire and it has many volcanoes. Ruapehu is one of the few active volcanoes in NZ!
Another fact I know about NZ is the Sky Tower that stands in Auckland is 328 meters tall. Did you know it is the tallest structure in the Southern Hemisphere?
Image result for skytower
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That is all for my Top 3 facts about NZ! 
Question of the blog: What are your Top 3 facts about NZ?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Lydia is back in action!😊
    My 3 facts are:
    1. Sir Edmund Hillary was a New Zealander who was the first person to climb Mount Everest in 1953.
    2. New Zealand is the first country in the world to greet each new day.
    3. The world first commercial bungee jump was a 43m leap of the Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown in 1988. I did this jump and it was awesome!

    Can't wait to read more of your blogs!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am back in action!😎
      I see you have some really cool facts there Miss! I also see you have made connections too, I never want to go bungee jumping, I'm to afraid!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo e lelei Lydia,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. How nice is to see that your are actively engaging on completing the activities, way to go! I am here to comment and support your posts and guide you through this program.
    Wow! I am so impressed with this post! Thanks for sharing such an interesting facts about New Zealand with us. I really like that you mentioned that New Zealand was the 1st country to give women the right to vote as that make me so proud! Also, I think is fascinating and scary that we still have active volcanoes such as Mt. Ruapehu. I would love to go and hike there on Summer!
    Furthermore, is great to see that you are using pictures in your post as those can make your content more visual appealing and interesting for the readers. However, it's important that you attribute (reference), these images correctly to avoid plagiarism, as this is part of the Manaiakalani cybersmart curriculum expectations please refer to this link to learn more: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit​
    Great job here Lydia and I can't way to read your next posts!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Partricia,
      Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I have had a BLAST doing the Summer Learning journey program! I have now learned how to apply the images to my blog! I am glad you enjoyed reading my blog! :)

      Many Thanks,
      Lydia!

      Delete
  4. Hi!
    My name is Sam and I happen to come across your blog!
    Nice job on the three facts I think you could get some good spot prizes!
    Please comment on my blog at
    https://wpssamuelh.blogspot.co.nz/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Sam! I am glad to see you reading my blogs and I cannot wait to read your blogs!

      Delete
  5. Talofa Lava,
    My name is Zephaniah and I am a part of doing the SLJ. It is great to see you completing as much of the activities provided on the site. Tino pai! I really loved learning more about New Zealand. I hope that people who look at this amazing post will be so interested. Which fact is your favorite?

    Nga mihi,
    -Zephaniah

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz