Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

🌵SLJP Day 2 - Forest Life - Activity 3: Weird And Wonderful🌵

🌵SLJP Day 2 - Forest Life - Activity 3: Weird And Wonderful🌵
Malo E Lelei and welcome back to my blog! I am going to complete ACTIVITY 3 of day 2 which is about Forest Life! Activity 3 is called Weird and Wonderful! It is about Cacti!


In this task we will be solving a Cactus Maths Problem! (YAYAYAYAYAY) As you all know, I LOVE MATHS and I can't wait to complete this problem!


Did you know some Cacti can survive on as little as 3 millilitres of water a day? Crazy right!  

The Maths problem that was given to us is:
Let’s imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day.
Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant?
(Try answering yourself! Keep on reading to read my answer!)

To solve this problem I first multiplied 3x365
The reason why I done this is because you have to give the Cacti 3ml of water everyday and there is 365 days in one year.
Next I split 365 into 3 numbers which are 300 - 60 - 5
Then I multiplied these numbers with 3.
3x300=900
I know this because I know that 3x3=9 So I added the HUNDREDS column because the equation is 3x300=900
Then I multiplied
3x60=180
I know this because I know that again, 3x6=18 So I added the HUNDREDS column because the equation is being multiplied with a hundreds value.
After that I multiplied
3x5=15 (I already knew that)
After multiplying these numbers I added them together.
900 + 180 + 15=
I figured this out in my head. I added 900+180=1,080
And then I added 1,080+15=1,095
My answer is 1,095 ml of water will be used in one full year!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! That was quite a challenging equation!
Question of the blog: Were you able to solve this question?
Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward for my future! Bye :)

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Lydia,
    This post made me smile because I love Maths too!! I really like the way you broke it down in small steps so you readers can see exactly how you solved the problem, well done! I love Maths specially because of the "working out" part because it shows that no problem is too big when you can break it down in small steps right?!!
    Regarding to your use of pictures...did you noticed that you used the same picture of the cactus twice? Furthermore, in order for you to gain full points for this task I will need that you make the proper and correct attribution to the photos you used as this is a compulsory requirement of the Manaiakalani cybersmart curriculum expectations. Don't hesitate to ask for help from a school friend or family if you get stuck.
    Please refer to this link to learn more: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit

    Keep up the great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz