Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

🍱SLJP Day 4 - More Than Meets The Eye - Activity 2: Pancakes And Maple Syrup?🍱

🍱SLJP Day 4 - More Than Meets The Eye - Activity 2: Pancakes And Maple Syrup?🍱
Kia Ora and welcome back to my blog! I am going to be doing ACTIVITY 2 of the SLJP DAY 4! Activity 2 is called Pancakes and Maple Syrup? In this task we get to talk about our favourite food and their recipe! Let's get started! :)

My favourite food of all time is SUSHI!!! I love SUSHI so much but I don't eat it regularly! Whenever I get the chance too, I eat it up like there is no tomorrow! 😋



My first ever time making Sushi was last year Wednesday 31st of May with Miss Ashley and room 7! Our Inquiry topic that term was FUELLED FOR LIFE so for Inquiry we decided to make Sushi! I will be sharing with you all our method of making Sushi!


Ingredients/Things you need:
- Dried Seaweed
- Rice
- Rolling Mat (Sometimes Optional)
- Cut up vegetables (You decide what kinds of vegetables you add)
- Meat/Seafood (It is optional and you decide on what you use) - We used Tuna, Capsicum and Cucumber)
- Cup of water (Helps when rolling the Sushi)
- Soy Sauce (For dipping)

Method:
First you need to lay the piece of Seaweed, shiny side down on top of the rolling mat.
Image result for sushi step by step


Next you need to wet the tip of your fingers to make them damp and spread rice across the Seaweed sheet, leaving a little gap on the top and bottom so when you roll the Sushi, it can actually stay.

After that you add your vegetables and meat/seafood. When you do this, you need to equally spread the vegetables and meat in the middle of the rice. 




Then you need to roll the Sushi using a firm grip so the Sushi is tight and won't fall apart.


Finally you can cut the Sushi into equal pieces and serve them with Soy Sauce! There you have it, some nice yummy Sushi!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora & Namaste Lydia,
    I love sushi, yum! My favourite is with raw tuna, so nice! You made me hungry!
    Is great how you described how you made it at school and you even added the photos step by step, clever girl!
    It would have been nice if you have added the steps on how to cook the rice as well to make the recipe more completed.
    Anyhow, it seemed that you guys had a lot of fun doing it at school which is super cool! Do you also help cooking at home sometimes? I am trying to teach my daughter at the moment, so far she learnt how to make fried eggs on toast. I think is great when we can cook together because the food just taste better, don't you agree?
    Anyway, another wonderful post! Keep up!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz