Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

⛰️SLJP Day 5 - Blink And You'll Miss It - Activity 2: Living On The Edge⛰️

⛰️SLJP Day 5 - Blink And You'll Miss It - Activity 2: Living On The Edge⛰️
Good Evening everyone and welcome back to my blog! I am going to be completing ACTIVITY 2 of DAY 5 of the SLJP! Activity 2 is called Living on the Edge and I wonder what it is about! Let's get started!
In this task I am going to be writing a letter to a family member or a friend all the way from Tundra! Tundra is an area of land where the temperature drops so low where it is -28 degrees celsius! Crazy right? I will be writing a letter to my mum about my experience in Tundra! Let's get started!

Malo E Lelei Mum,
I am writing to you all the way from TUNDRA! It is so cool here but also rrrreeaallly colllddd (shivering right now)! My experience is so far so good just soooo collddd!! One thing I am enjoying here is being able to experience something I might have not been able to experience ever in my life if it weren't for this trip! There is a lot of ocean around us and a lot less trees! It is so fun being able to walk around and see animals that live here such as Owls, Arctic Foxes and even REINDEERS!
 I miss NZ where it is warm, here it is like I was put in a very, VERY LARGE FREEZER! We are all working on staying warm to avoid getting sick! 
Hope all is well at home! Miss you all so much!
Love,
Lydia.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is the letter I would LOVE to send to my mum if I actually went to Tundra!
Question of the blog: Would you want to go to Tundra?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to comment down below if you liked my letter and if you would like to go to Tundra! Also give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora & Namaste Lydia,
    What a lovely letter you wrote to your mum?!! It seems so genuine that I almost thought for a second that you were there, specially with the details about being super cold and how you are trying to keep warm and not getting sick and so on. Also, is great that you mentioned about how cool was to be able to have that experience as with climate changing and escalating temperatures perhaps in 10 years time we will not have Tundra areas any longer.
    I would love to go to Tundra to do some research in the impact of the raising temperatures in the land and in the animals that live on these areas as I think that kind of information can be very helpful for scientist and environmentalist to use to prompt the world to think about the environment impact we are creating in this planet.
    This is a great post and I hope you do show it to your mum, as she would be very proud of you!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz