Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2018

😜Maths - Adding and Subtracting Fractions!😜

😜Maths - Adding and Subtracting Fractions!😜
IALT: talk about what maths Ms Komors group has been doing.
Talofa lava and welcome to my blog! For maths I am in Ms Komors group and last week for maths we were learning to convert mixed fractions into common fractions and vise versa.  We have been learning to add and subtract fractions with the same or related denominator! 
Image result for fractions gif
I personally LOVE MATHS! It is one of my favorite subjects at school! I've learned a lot about fractions with Miss Ashley last year which has helped me to gather all that knowledge and expand that learning from this year! My favorite part about maths is getting to present and share our learning with the group because it helps me become more confident but it also helps me learn new strategies to use! One thing I find challenging in maths is trying to explain to my group the strategy I used and also how I got the answer. This is because sometimes when I get to excited in maths, I can be impatient which I am currently working on! :) One thing I need to improve on in maths is to use different and new strategies so I am not always using just ONE!
Image result for thumbs up
I hope I am able to do maths today or tomorrow because  I really miss solving equations and using my head to figure out the strategy! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: What is your favourite subject in school?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some positive feedback for my future.



2 comments:

  1. What a great question!
    I think my current favourite subject in school would be Maths also. It wasn't always my favourite but as I learned more strategies and understood the concepts I now find it fascinating and want to learn more! I like that you identified what you need to improve with your Maths. Trying to find ways to explain ourselves to others can be frustrating at times. It's great to read that you have a growth mindset towards this and you are finding ways to work through it! Well done!
    SUGGESTION: For your next Maths post you could give your readers a snapshot of what problems you have been working on in class and discussions you have had with your peers about how you could solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms Komor! I now know to add more information about the problems I get in class, to do this I can take a screenshot of the worksheet given to me!

      Delete

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz