Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2018

🤓Writing - Poetic Writing!🤓

🤓Writing - Poetic Writing!🤓
IALT: blog about the S.L.A.M structure
Malo e Lelei and welcome to my blog! Today I will be blogging about WRITING! I love to write stories and recently the Kia Manawanui syndicate have been learning about POETIC WRITING! Poetic writing is a type of writing that explains something by inferring that includes a rhythm and sometimes rhyme! The Kia Manawanui syndicate has recently been using the S.L.A.M structure to write their poems!
Image result for poetry gif
S stands for STRUCTURE, L stands for LANGUAGE, A stands for AFFECT and M stands for MESSAGE! Here is the poem I made using the S.L.A.M structure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Terrifying Tornado!

Image result for tornado gif
As the supercell thunderstorm happens, air rises in the atmosphere, out comes the big beast breaking peoples ears. As it spins round and round damage is caused, everyone horrified, only if life was like a movie I would press pause.

It’s a tornado that’s what it’s called, it makes me feel so appalled! Scared to death about life-loss and damage, so much to think about I just want to vanish! Families, children and many, many buildings, all fall down so quick it’s got me in my feelings.
Round and round the tornado goes, busting cars and busting homes.
BOOM! The buildings collapse, leaving rubbish, making GASPS!
As the funnel shaped heap of wind rotates around your area, all you can really see is cars and objects EVERYWHERE!
Praying to god you stay safe, after it’s done, you need to leave from that place!

Tornadoes are destruction! BANG!!! Lives, homes and cars are what they take, having no mercy, it makes my heart ache.
Those that are in pain
Just begging for survival
Not thinking what’s next
Not even about affects.

BOOM! The last piece of life you’ve got left, taken away by the beast, still alive you’re truly blessed. Not much people made it but you are still alive, now it’s time to move on and start a better life.


My poem is about a Tornado! I feel like tornadoes are really dangerous especially if you're witnessing it, but natural disasters are just HORRIBLE in general!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My goal for writing next time is to finish in time so I can finish of any recent work that I have to do! I think one thing I found challenging was adding in some figurative language especially since writing is something I am not really good at (in my opinion). One thing I enjoyed doing was using the S.L.A.M structure which helped ma a lot while writing this story! 
Question of the blog: Have you ever used the S.L.A.M structure before?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some positive feedback and feedforward! Bye :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz