Pages

Thursday 1 March 2018

Reflection of Technology

IALT: Reflect on Technology

Today for technology, in hard material we continued to work on our digital workbook.

I had to write four people that mean a lot to me in my workbook and write four things that I like about them. My four people are Mum, Dad, Hevani, and Edith. Next I had to find silhouette art that symbolises each thing that you like about them.
Eg.
Dad loves church:
 Image result for silhouette cross
We had to do four pictures for each of our people and once we had all sixteen pictures we had to go and see Mr Grundy. Mr Grundy checked our work and gave us a mark, half a mark, or no marks, if we got a mark for all sixteen pictures we had to go back to our netbook and pick one picture for each person. I done my dad first and I chose the cross. We had to write down why we chose this design and why it was the best design for this person. When we were done with that we had to go and see Mr Grundy once again, he gave us a container with a MDF piece of cardboard as well as a piece of paper from our workbook.

First, I had to lightly circle the picture but on the back of the piece of paper, next I had to lightly colour inside the circle with my pencil pushed flat so it wouldn't get blunt. After, I had to put the piece of paper  on top of the MDF and trace my picture. When I was done tracing I took the paper of and saw the cross on the MDF I thought it was magic. It was time for the scary part.

In Mr Grundy's workshop there are multiple machines that cut wood this part was scary because if your finger touched the blade for half a second you will have 26 cuts on that finger WHAT!!!! I had to cut my own cross out and that is why I was scared. Mr Grundy made it a bit easier for me since it was my first time (it was all of our first times so he made it easier for all of us), he drew a line of the parts I was supposed to cut and then started me of. I was so SCARED! I finished cutting out the first part and still have a little bit left to do.

In this session I learnt how to use the cutting machine and the process of making a Pendant!

Technology Term 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz