Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Natural Disasters Research - Tornado

Natural Disasters Research - Tornado
WALT: research about natural disasters!
Kia Ora and welcome to my blog! Today for inquiry the Kia Manawanui syndicate done some researching about Natural Disasters! I chose to research about one natural disaster individually and that natural disaster is... TORNADOES!!! The reason why I chose Tornadoes is because I think it has a unique side to it!
Image result for natural disasters
I don't know much about Tornadoes which is why I wanted to research about it! All I know is that it is a heap of wind that is like a magnet that consistently picks things up as it spins around!

Here are some questions that I will be answering:
- What is a natural disaster?
- How does it happen?
- Where do Tornadoes happen?
- Why does it happen?
- Why doesn't it happen?
- Who is affected by Tornadoes (Natural Disasters)?
- How does it affect them? 



After my research, I found out that a natural disaster is an event that naturally happens caused by the Earth's movement and also by the way us humans contribute to it happening!
Examples
Earthquakes
Tsunamis
Hurricanes
Tornadoes
Volcanic Eruptions
Landslides
And many more
It is something that causes great damage and also life loss!
Natural disasters are split into 3 different large groups! Here is one of them, it is called 'Weather related Disasters!' This means that natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes and extreme heat and extreme cold cannot be stopped because there is unpredictable weather!
Image result for bad weather
Most Tornadoes are known to happen in the central area of the United States! Did you know that people call this area 'Tornado Alley'?
It happens when the warm, moist air from Gulf of Mexico meets the cool, dry air from Canada! When these two different masses of air meet they create a very huge heap of wind that swirls around in the atmosphere! When these two different airs keep away from each other, a tornado is something that you would avoid in your area!

Many, many people are affected by Natural Disasters, especially Tornadoes! The way this affects them is, a Tornado is like a magnet picking things up as it spins around the atmosphere! These include:
- Houses
- Cars
- People
- Animals
- Objects
And anything that gets in it's way! It is really, really heartbreaking to see people witness a Tornado especially if they lose family members and when they lose belongings etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog: How would you feel if you witnessed a tornado?
I think if I done this research again I would fix the amount of information I wrote! I think I could make it short and simple but i'm happy with the way I added lots of detail to make my work upto standards!

This is my research! I hope you have enjoyed reading it and I hope you learned something from it! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)
Image result for tornado




No comments:

Post a Comment

lkomor@tamakiprimary.school.nz
aahkui@tamakiprimary.school.nz